Posted by blk1 on 8th May 2008
I think I was tagged for this Meme by someone but honestly, I wasn’t sure what to do. Nancy, thanks for the directions.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
OK, so now the questions.
What were you doing ten years ago?
10 years ago, 1998. I was still teaching full time and working with the HVWP, lots of time and directing a winter play and getting used to my relationship with Tuvia and still living in my small and sweet apartment in Piermont, NY. I wasn’t yet playing the guitar but still loving music. I wasn’t yet connected to a computer or a digital life. Interesting to think about that.
What are five things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)*
2. consider the issue of weight reduction
3. observe my student teacher
4. wonder if I’m teaching a digital course at SUNY in June
5. walk in Ridgewood with Tuvia
What are some snacks I enjoy?
candy corn (at Halloween)
What would I do if I were a billionaire?
Give most of it away (I hope)
Buy an apartment in NYC and Jerusalem
Buy a very cool sports car
Help the world go green, be more peaceful and healthy
Deal with issues of poverty and prejudice
What are three of my bad habits?
I don’t always listen enough
I make myself crazy before I dive into a project
I don’t read enough because of this computer
What are five places where you have lived?
Ellenville, NY as a kid and as a grownup teacher
Hempstead, NY (Hofstra U for college)
Albany, NY (SUNY Albany grad school)
Salzburgh, Austria ( summer of 1971)
Boston, MA (summers)
Arad and Tiberias, Israel( 1979-80)
What are five jobs I have had?
2. Writing Project Director
3. camp counselor
4. Burger King
5. file clerk
What five or six people do I want to tag?