I really missed this space to write and reflect with…so here’s my SUNY DS reflections to include:
SUNY DS Class Reflections June 26, 2007
We have two more classes and almost everyone has finished their pieces before schedule. There was a great feeling last night as everyone worked for the whole session on computers, but because the class feels comfortable as a group, they feel comfortable to get up and support each other.
As Sara struggles in the back and I can’t get to her, Nancy is working with her, Cindy is working with Nancy, I have Cindy working on my computer, Christine needs a song, I download one from Itunes and then she calls a friend for a better song for her piece.
Yes I have everyone working on Garageband to use their free share software and most did that, but once I realized that I couldn’t count on edublogs at the still time to upload everything to the blog, I had to change my plans and just stick with creating everything on DVD’s and not moving their work to the blog, I wonder about that. How can we add more of that into the course next time?
For now, I am taking on the responsibility to use IDVD to create the 3 disks. What can I do next time?
So this is what we have left to do:
1. Final touches on the 3 pieces all due at the end of class on Wednesday: With correct titles on save as…
Share work on storyboards.
2. Writing the process piece with the kid’s model?(Xerox) The last section of this piece will be written after the pieces are presented on the last day.
3. Using the blog for final reflections?
4. Working to find articles online and in library to share together at the last class.
Future DS Plans:
1.Moving to a PC lab with headsets provided.
2.Using Photo Story 3 to allow for work done at home on personal PC’s and have the poetry piece directly connected to a classroom project.
3. Using text more( have it there for the first class) Move beyond DS to reading on Web 2.0?
5. Add one last DS: process piece as a DS!
6. Online tools? The blog work was hit hard by its overhaul right in the middle of the classtime.
7. Can’t wait to try this again.
8. Last class: another viewing spot?
2-4 –hour sessions a week worked out, allowing for time to write, create and share in a story circle and work on the computer. It was good to begin with a poem piece where the text was a given and could be used as a classroom presentation.
And as that piece was worked on the group could write the second piece…working two pieces simultaneously and then the third folded in so that the first piece moved slowly but the other two were being worked on simultaneously. So the last two pieces really moved quickly once the process for the first piece was clear. That would be a good way for people to prepare for the class. Select a favorite poem/taught poem on reading piece and consider photos for it… a storyboard to create before class…
It’s critical for me to download their work to my external hard drive.
Playing with online tools.
Include in Process Piece: Bringing DS into the classroom. How could you use this process in your classroom?
All DS need to be quicktime files